I went grocery shopping today. Since the fridge is still not working 100%, I figured I pick up just enough meat to cook for dinner. It would also be great if we could eat the left overs the next day. While in the meat aisle, I noticed ground turkey was on sale and suddenly the choice was a no brainer.
Meatloaf it is!
Now I have always loved making meatloaf. It is probably one of the simplest dishes to prepare, and the right size can probably last at least 3 meals (depending on how much you eat.) Well that being said, in our house it normally lasts dinner and a midnight snack for me.
I started by getting all the dry ingredients out and chopping the onion.
In a bowl, I mixed all the ingredients (ground turkey, onion, dry ingredients, egg, and coconut milk.) and mixed thoroughly with your hands.
I put half the ground turkey mixture in a loaf pan, followed by a layer of the shredded cheese and covered it with the remaining ground turkey mixture.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat reaches internal temperature 160 degrees F.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 table spoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup of shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
- Mix turkey, onions, coconut milk, minced garlic, egg, and dry ingredients.
- Put half the ground turkey mixture in a loaf pan. Put a layer of shredded cheese and cover with the remaining half.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat reaches internal temperature 160 degrees F.